Louisiana’s Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) is one of a still undetermined number of government entities, major businesses, and organizations to be affected by an unprecedented Data Breach.
There is no indication at this time that cyber attackers who breached MOVEit have sold, used, shared, or released the OMV data obtained from the MOVEit attack. The cyber attackers have not contacted the state government.
What does this mean for you as a Louisiana resident?
Your information may have been leaked, we recommend following the steps in order to ensure that your personal information is kept safe:
- Prevent all unauthorized new account openings or loans and monitor your credit
- Change all passwords especially (banking, social media, and healthcare portals)
- Protect your tax refund and returns with the internal revenue service (IRS)
- Check your Social Security benefits
- Report suspected identity theft
Thank you for your attention to this matter. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. We value your continued trust in our services and look forward to assisting you.
You can reach our support team via the following channels:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (337) 214-1172
For more information, check out the link below with the official statement from the state of Louisiana.